Two Unique Gifts That Will Make You Smile!
Every year we tend to fuss over gifts, lamps, decorating the Christmas tree and the state of the household. It’s always a struggle – what to buy for whom, how to surprise someone and what is left on our to do list. Well, we have two ideas on how to surprise those we love the most.
A YEAR THAT REMINDERED US OF THE TRUE VALUES IN LIFE
This is a year where little things became important, like everyday moments that went unnoticed before. Maybe this should be the year we change the tradition of gift giving. It may be time that our common moments become the best gifts we can give. This is why we propose concepts that are sure to create beautiful shared moments and unforgettable memories.
Our first suggestion is this cute jar with ingredients for simple, tasty and delightful biscuits. An ideal gift for all gourmets, and we can guarantee that it will bring a smile to your loved one’s face. All you need are the biscuit ingredients, a plain jar, a little twine, lace, a bow and your gift is ready! And the result is (apart from delicious biscuits) a lovely time spent in preparing them and enjoying them.
Ingredients for the jar:
- 350 g of smooth flour
- 10 g of baking soda
- Cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, ginger – optional
- 120 g brown sugar
- Chocolate crumbs, colorful edible stars – optional
Other ingredients needed to make the biscuits:
- 2,5 dcl of water
- 100 g of honey
- 1 egg
- 60 g butter
Preparation of the jar
* The jar should have a volume of 500 ml
1. Wash and dry the jar well
2. Weigh all the ingredients and put 40 g of brown sugar on the bottom of the jar, then put 175 grams of flour, then again 40 grams of sugar,
3. then 175 g of flour and the last 40 grams of sugar.
4. Sprinkle baking soda over the sugar
5. Stir half a teaspoon of cinnamon, a top of a teaspoon of cloves, cardamom and ginger and lightly sprinkle over the baking soda.
6. Sprinkle everything with chocolate crumbs and colorful edible stars
7. Close your jar, and write the whole cookie recipe on paper. We suggest you roll it up, and tie it with a red ribbon that you will attach to your decorated jar. An addition to your jar can be a cookie cutter that you will also attach to the jar with tape.
Bring water and sugar to a boil together and set aside to cool. Put the dry ingredients from the jar in one large bowl and mix them. Cut the butter into cubes and mix it lightly with the dry ingredients with your hands. Then add the remaining ingredients: egg, honey and chilled water with sugar. Knead the dough and let it rest in the fridge for 2 hours. After that, preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
Roll out the cooled dough (not too thin) and shape it into the desired shapes using a mold. Sprinkle everything with chocolate crumbs and colorful stars Place in a preheated oven for about 10 minutes until lightly browned.
Decorating a jar
Here are some suggestions on how to decorate the jar and involve other household members in making these personalized and unique jars:
1. Buy glass paint and let the children paint the jar. You can make it a social activity and the kids will be little proud painters and create unique jars that will always remind you of them.
2. Line the lid of the jar with Christmas paper and tie a ribbon around it in one of the colors of your choice.
3. If you like simpler decorating, add jute ribbon and lace ribbon to the jar
4. You can also add a piece of paper with a handwritten recipe and instructions for use and attach it to the ribbon.
One of the ideas may be to make these delicious biscuits according to this recipe, pack them in a decorated jar and give them to a loved one.
Our second proposal requires a lot less manual labor, but we’re sure it will delight everyone involved. As we said, shared time and memories are the most beautiful gifts we can give to our loved ones. If you are not a person who is skilled with handicrafts, baking cakes and cookies or simply DIY gifts are not your thing – we suggest you show your love this way.
Gift your family a trip together. We know it’s not a revolutionary idea, but really – is there a better gift for Christmas?
Travel with loved ones
In fact – this is the ideal time to book a summer vacation. Hotel prices are now the best in the year, you can choose the most beautiful accommodation because not everything is sold out yet, and because last year was quite unpredictable for travel, all larger hotels have adjusted their conditions to the market situation and you do not risk a thing by booking. We believe that every family member will be delighted with this gift – the sun, the sea, shared moments and unforgettable memories. All in one small envelope on a pine tree! What do you think about that?
We hope we have inspired you and that you will apply some (or both) ideas to your gifts this year. If nothing else, this 2020 reminded us that family, health and love are the most important factors in life.
Good luck with gifting and happy holidays!